Worry-free fun, all four seasons!

Whether camping, waterskiing, out on the motorbike or sledding, take peace of mind with you by getting the right coverage before you go.

KC & Co lives in East Central Alberta, where we take our fun seriously!  We’ve got lakes, trails, and all kinds of great opportunities to use your toys.  Read on to see how we can help you make sure you’re good to go!

We also understand that many businesses rely on these vehicles to access remote areas.  Talk to us about how we can cover you.

Motorcycle Insurance

Cruise in comfort!  We have the right insurance policy for you.

  • Do I need to keep motorcycle coverage in winter? – Insurance companies have already factored occasional (seasonal) use into their quotes for motorcycles in Alberta, much like boats and snowmobiles.  This means that if you want to remove coverage in the off-season, you won’t really save much.  Unlike a vehicle such as a convertible, which can theoretically be driven year round and therefore it might be worthwhile to reduce coverage during the winter, this doesn’t really apply to motorbikes.
  • Do I need a separate policy for my bike? – You might be able to use the same policy as your vehicle, but you’ll probably get a better rate with a specialty insurer that handles cruisers and Harleys, and when it comes to sport bikes not all companies even insure them.  We’ll be able to tell you, though, so call us for details.
  • Do I need a Class 6 (motorcycle) license to get insurance? – You don’t need a Class 6 to insure a motorcycle, but of course you do need a Class 6 to operate it on a public roadway.  Also, most companies won’t let you renew a policy unless you do have your Class 6 by renewal time.

Get your Class 6 with an approved driving school so that you’ll not only get better rates on your policy, but you’ll be a safer driver to boot!

RV Insurance

Motorhomes and travel trailers require different kinds of coverage:

Can I add my motorhome to my car insurance policy? – You could, but you might not be adequately insured if you do.  The motorhome is a motor vehicle, but there are risks specific to motorhomes such as emergency vacation expenses that an ordinary auto policy won’t necessarily cover.

Am I covered in my motorhome for travel to the U.S.? – Yes, a motorhome policy issued in Alberta allows for the vehicle to be used throughout Canada and temporarily in the States.

What about coverage for my possessions I left in the motorhome? – A standard auto policy doesn’t cover your belongings in the event of an accident or theft.  That’s usually covered by your home policy.  When it comes to RVs, specialty motorhome policies do add this coverage. Items that are permanently kept in the motor home, such as bedding, pots and pans, dishes and cutlery, are covered under such policies.  All the more reason to get a specialty motorhome policy.

Tent & Travel Trailers

What type of coverage do I need for my trailer? – You may not need a separate policy, but this depends on the coverage you need. Insuring the trailer under a standard auto policy provides basic coverage for fire and theft, comprehensive or all perils coverage. A home policy can provide coverage for named perils or all risks, with reimbursements ranging from actual cash value to guaranteed replacement cost, depending on the coverage you choose.  Also, if you park your trailer year round in a secure, supervised RV park, you may already be covered for outbuildings at the site, emergency vacation expenses and discounts if the trailer is parked year-round in a secure, supervised RV park.

What about liability insurance for my trailer? – Liability for a trailer rests with the policy on the towing vehicle when attached to a vehicle, and a home policy when it’s not attached.  As long as both your auto and home policies provide the coverage you need, you don’t need to purchase any additional coverage.

My friends are always asking to use my trailer. Am I covered? – See above. If your auto policy has endorsement SEF 27 (Legal Liability for Physical Damage to a Non-Owned Automobile), which most policies do, you’re covered.

Boats & Watercraft

Whether your boat is covered by your property policy or you have a standalone policy, liability is included, but make sure you have it.  If you don’t know, call us and we’ll make sure you’re properly covered.  It does not extend automatically from other policies (e.g. auto) you may have.

Do you have a specialty wakeboard or towing boat?  We can insure it.  We work with specialty marine underwriters who understand the recreational watercraft industry’s needs, and we’ll make sure you have the coverage you need.

Does a boat policy cover the trailer too? – Yes, a boat policy will cover its trailer unless you specifically exclude it.

How does an insurance company decide what my boat is worth if it’s stolen? – There are two main ways.  Boats and watercraft can be insured for actual cash value (current market price) or for a value stated by you (“stated value”).  Stated value coverage has a set limit, typically the purchase price including taxes. In the event of a total loss, replacement cost coverage will replace your boat with a brand-new watercraft from the current model year, but it is not available on all boats.  Contact us for details.

Snowmobiles & ATVs

Do I need insurance for my sled/ATV? – You must have liability insurance before you can register your snowmobile.  Just like any other vehicle, if it’s financed, the bank or finance company is likely to require full insurance coverage to protect the snowmobile against loss or damage.  And much like a car, if it’s an old sled that isn’t really worth replacing you might not bother with coverage beyond liability.  But you must have at least that.

Does age play a factor in my rates? – There’s no minimum age for operating a snowmobile; the market value and the size of the engine are the biggest factors.

Do I need to insure my sled all year long? – Just like motorcycles and boats, insurance companies have already factored seasonal use into their rates.  It can be reduced or canceled in the off season, but there’s hardly any benefit in this because the premiums go toward coverage during usage seasons in the first place.  Besides, if you cancel your coverage in summer, you won’t be protected against loss or damage at that point.